Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cancer..

I know that this is such a bad topic to be talking about, but it is so unfortunate that it became almost part of this century, cancer, I hate this disease, my mom was killed by it. Today while I was walking I ran into a friend of mine and she told me that her mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer stage 3 and that her chances are not so good, I think she said that she has 25% chance of surviving, I was shocked and sad for my friend and her mom cause I know exactly how she feels and how her mom must be feeling, and how difficult it is going to be for the both of them. I promised that I will be there for her, this is not just a promise I will do my best to help out, I know that when someone is going through this ugly disease all they need is a supportive hand and a shoulder to rely on, since this friend is very close to me and her mom is dear to my heart I felt so sad and upset. After my friend left I kept walking and thinking, why do we have such a curse that we have to always face, I think that everyone is scared of this disease, it is not just a sickness, it is an ugly thing that runs through our bodies secretly until it is strong enough to kill us and only then we find out that it is there and it is killing us softly without even feeling it. What is worse than cancer is it’s treatment, I will never forget the look in my mom’s eyes after each treatment, she use to be in pain and sad and scared and what use to kill me from the inside is that I could not do anything for her, I use to always wish if I could wipe away her pain, if I could take it all so that she can live and be happy again, if only I could’ve given her my life I would’ve done it gladly cause she deserved to live and be happy but I guess it was god’s will and that too I cannot do anything about.

Anyways, 2 hours later I decided to go back home, walking back home I kept thinking of my friend and how is she going to handle all this by herself, you see, her dad left them when she was only one, she has no sisters or brothers, her mom is her only family. I kept thinking that this is not fair, I mean why does this has to happen to her and her mom?? I will do my best to be there for them both and I do pray from the bottom of my heart that her mom will be cured and happy again. I guess that cancer is something that we have to fight in order to live. I will do my best to give all the positive energy that I have to my friend’s mom so that she can fight it and win her battle against cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment