Saturday, June 27, 2009

Terrou-Bi, A French Restaurant...

Yesterday my sister and I and friends of ours went and had dinner at an amazing French restaurant called Terrou-Bi. This restaurant is one of the most beautiful restaurant that I have been too, it is surrounded by the ocean and full of palm trees, also there is a huge swimming pool that is somehow attached to the ocean, we ate outside and by the beach and all the beauty of the greens, what was amazing about last night and while we were having our drinks outside and enjoying the scenes that was in front of us, I looked up the skies and saw the moon it was beyond beautiful, it was actually a new noon, sitting in the middle of all this beauty, I seriously felt that we were sitting in a painting, maybe in a dream, I wanted to walk and get close to the moon and the beach so I excused myself and went to the beach, and when I got there I stood still and said to myself this is my best friend, while standing by the beach I looked up at the skies again and saw the moon was still there and in the middle of this huge ocean, I was like wow, this is a dream but it is also real cause I am standing here listening to the sound of the waves and feeling the water touching my feet ( my sandals were ruined but I didn’t care) I just wanted to stay there, I don’t know how long I stayed standing there, all of the sudden my sister came and told me that my order was in, this is the first time that I wasn’t very happy cause the food was finally here, I actually don’t even remember what was the taste of the food, I told my brother in law when he asked me how did I enjoy my dish, I told him to be honest I did not care about the food I am actually enjoying the scenes that is surounding us, we were sitting in the middle of the ocean seriously it was so beautiful and it was like a dreamy land, one of my friends said that being in this restaurant feels like being in heaven and I totally agree with him, I did not feel that I was in Africa at all yesterday or even in earth....
I wish I had my camera with me, it is so unfortunate that I forgot it, that is because we decided to go out for dinner suddenly. Since this weekend is my last weekend here in Senegal, I asked my brother in law to bring me one more time to this amazing place, so that I can keep it inside of me and share it with my friends by taking pictures, I told him we don’t have to eat anything, we just come again for a cup of coffee but then he smiled and said “ well Imane !!, it is going to be a very expensive cup of coffee but for sure I will bring you here again not just for coffee but also for dessert” I smiled at him and told him that I cannot wait to come back again for the last time before going back home...

No comments:

Post a Comment