Thursday, April 30, 2009

Down town Beirut


It’s 2:00 am here in Lebanon, I cannot sleep and that is of course cause I am jetlagged just arrived yesterday, the weather is beautiful here, right now I am sitting in my living room in my apartment here in Lebanon, the view that is in front me ( I know it’s dark and I can hardly see it but in the morning when I wake up it’s the first thing that I see while enjoying the best cup of coffee that anyone can have) so the view is, from the right I can see the beach and the airport and at the left side I can see the beauty of the mountains all over the place, I can see how big and small they could be, it’s amazing and beautiful, it looks like a painting only this one is real, ooo how much I love the beauty of nature, every time I come here and look at this view I am just amazed and I always say to myself “ how could I leave all this beauty” but I guess that is because it’s typical me, I like the change, and I cannot live anywhere other than Ottawa, I already miss it, but I am going to have to put it aside for now and try and enjoy every second of this beauty and this beloved country.
On Sunday I will be driving up the mountain with my sister and her kids and some of my friends, my sister has a beautiful house in the mountain, we will be spending a day or two over there and then after that I will dedicate my time to my favorite thing in this whole entire world which is the beach, I will post some pictures of the beach soon, so that everyone can see the beauty of the beach here in Lebanon. I will also practice one of my favorite exercise which is swimming and for sure walking by the beach.
This afternoon I was having lunch with some friends and of course my sister in the heart of down town Beirut, I must say the food was great, the music was loud and the views were amazing, what made our afternoon great was the weather, we were sitting outside, the breeze was gentle, it wasn’t cold and it wasn’t hot, just perfect, and because of this I was so happy and relaxed. After lunch we decided to take a walk, as we were walking down town we looked at the people and saw how happy they are, here no one cares about anything, the only thing that they care about is how to enjoy themselves, and I love that about Lebanon, cause it tend to make me forget everything and the only thing that is in my mind right now, is how to enjoy this blessing of me being here with the people that I love.

2 comments: